I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Straining to Understand

It's been another one of those nights. You know the kind I mean. The ones when some stray thought sends you off on a wild tangent and eventually you end up coming across things that make your brain want to scream.



It's a good thing. I like the feeling. No, I lie..... I LOVE that feeling. At the same time though, it's a love/hate relationship. Why hate you ask? *sigh* I'm not sure really. I get frustrated so easily.... there's so much that I have this strong desire to learn. Where does one start? There is no clear beginning. I'm not sure if there should be one. (In the sense that I'm sure I've already begun although I don't realize it yet.) And yes, I admit... I long to have a teacher finally come along. Now no, I'm not talking about someone like Charlie Manson. LOL! I want someone who simply will ask me the questions and make me think on my own. But who will also lead me in a direction that helps me find the path I'm meant to be on. I guess when I think of it, I think of something similar to a tribal elder if you will (like from Native American ways). They say if you ask for a teacher and you're ready, one will come. And I know that most of the time they'll be there long before you realize it, and it always seems to be the most unusual source. In truth, we are all each other's teachers...... Bah, I'll leave that thought alone.



In any case, I added some new links tonight. Found a few good ones that I hope someone will enjoy. I also found a few sites that deal heavily with demonology and the occult. I hesitate to put them up here however, you know what kind of religious fanatics are out there! All I need is to start getting hate mail from "Christ loves you but I want to rip out your liver" type people. Heh, that reminds me..... I watched "The Seventh Sign" for about the hundredth time tonight. Gotta love that movie. And I'm not being heartless, but it DOES make me giggle everytime I see Demi Moore pull her butcher knife on Jesus. I'm just thinking..... ya know THAT shit would be exactly what would go down if there was/is a Jesus and he did come back. At the same time, the thought of an immortal/divine presence being held at knife point just makes me giggle. I'm weird, go figure. Excellent movie though, even if you're not christian *which I'm not* but have an interest in anything religious.



Other movies that I enjoy?? Well, in truth anything that deals with religion, the occult, psi phenomenon, and basically anything just 'weird'. Oh and vampires. Gotta love vampires. Ok so here's some of my faves (not including LOTR and vampire flicks, b/c that would take forever):





  • Prophecy (parts 1, 2, & 3.... altho 3 is my fave.) - the ones with Christopher Walken. For those of you who've never seen these........ RENT THEM! They're about the war btwn angels. Viggo plays Lucifer, and can I just say made an EXCELLENT one.


  • The 13th Warrior (Norse type mythology... oh and Dennis Storhoi is the added bonus. On a sidenote, he looks exactly in that movie as what I picture Loki looking like. heh)


  • Clash of the Titans (It's a classic.........)


  • The Seventh Sign (Jesus is back and he is PISSED!)


  • Stigmata (A non-believer is inflicted with stigmata and a priest investigates.)


  • The Omen (all parts. Again..... another classic.)


  • The Exorcist (I've only seen part one but OMG was it great!)


  • End of Days (See my Ahnold post on Lovebuds. hehe. Kind of interesting occult ties.)


  • Dogma (Sorta goofy film.... But it's worth it just to see Alan Rickman as the voice of god)


  • Dune (The original one. Great movie, if not long. But I loved it.)


  • Harry Potter (All of 'em. I'm glad to see something that *may* let children know that people involved in 'magic' aren't 'evil' as most religions would like them to think.)


  • Hearts In Atlantis (Story of a man trying to escape from the government's psychic research thingy.)


  • Little Nicky (Yeah stupid but "Papa Lucifer" gettin together with Tithead is well worth watching.)


  • Ugh there are so many more. Mostly anything dealing with strange themes intrigue me. I love movies like "The Body" and "The Skulls" that deal with secret societies and the coverups thereof. If you know of a good one please let me know! I'm always on the look out.

    1 comment:

    1. Clash of the Titans is MOST excellent and I watch it every time it's on. Since the "Seventh Sign" every time I see the actor Jurgen Prochnow I say to my husband, "Look, it's Jesus." It's gotten old, but I still do it anyway.

      You are young--I can tell from your search for meaning, desire to learn, etc. I can tell you that you sound very much like me 20 years ago. I'm not bitter and jaded now, far from it. But I don't know when that longing stopped in me, the longing to know, learn, to understand just about anything. It was gradual. I never realized it was gone until I watch those 20 years younger than I. And I see them searching for these things I no longer search for. It's a cirle of life, I suppose.

      ReplyDelete