I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week almost Gone

Whew this week has went by FAST!  I have to admit I'm a little tired and looking forward to some quiet alone time to veg out this weekend.

So what's been going on you ask? Well my Mother came into town and delivered me a new stove which someone in Sumter gifted my way (yay!). It's a fancy stainless steel one with a glass cooking top... so no more tilted burners and everything running to one side in a frying pan haha. It's really nice though and I'm super grateful for our friend sending it up here. :)

I've also been working some in the apartment, trying to get some things organized. I'm still nowhere near even halfway done but a good bit of progress was made. The living room is looking awesome and it's almost how I want it...... but the bedroom is still a mess of boxes and stuff to go through and organize. I did manage to get some shelves but it'll be a little while before I get the area where they're going cleaned up. That's the next thing to work on. Once that happens and I get them attached to the wall it will make a huge difference in being able to get those boxes taken care of. I'm so looking forward to that moment let me tell you! I just try to do a little bit at a time.

There's been other odds and ends going on the past couple weeks. I went to Diamond Hill Mines for the first time and spent the day. It's the first real time I've pushed myself since I've had surgery so I was very careful. I got tired pretty quick and spent a good bit of the time sitting on my bucket and digging that way haha. But I still had fun and we found some good stuff. I was excited! Now the real job is cleaning the rocks up.... that'll take a while. I can tell when I overdo stuff because when I get really tired I start having pains in my gut where the stitches are inside. That's my big sign to slow down or stop altogether. But I'm proud of myself for getting out and doing as much as I could do without hurting myself.

OH! Last night I went to see the Yamato Japanese drummers at the Peace Center. Wow they were superb. It tired me out just watching them! They drummed for an hour straight before the short intermission, and then for almost another hour. I don't know how they have that much stamina. It was a great show though and the energy was fast and high. I'd highly suggest anyone check them out that can and likes drumming. It was very akin to Native American in parts and you know I loved that!

You know, I usually don't talk politics because people get so touchy about it.... but since this is my blog I guess I can say what I want. It scares me that people are really taking Donald Trump seriously. How could a person want a man to run a country that has made racist, sexist and homophobic remark after remark? I went to a handfasting Sunday of two beautiful women who have been together for 28 years and were FINALLY able to legally tie the knot. Just standing there watching them and thinking that it's 2016 and we're just now getting to this point in history.... it's just sad that it's taken so long. And to think that people are thinking about voting for someone who wants to turn back the civil rights movement by a century just dumbfounds me. I have pagan friends and gay friends that are backing him!! I just want to ask them what the hell are they thinking? Do they think that if someone gets into office that has it out for one religion or is anti-gay marriage that he won't come for them next?? So they think that he's going to stop with Muslims?? And since when does a few radical Muslims make all Muslims evil and out for blood? The majority are peaceful, lovely people! I mean come on, if we went off of radical religious loonies then the Christian religion would be at the top of the list for whack-jobs. Almost every cult in American history has been Chrisitan... the Nazi regime were Chrisitan..... and so on it goes. People just won't learn from history it seems. Ugh. Ok that's my rant.

It's time for a movie and then I'm going to try to get some rest. Hopefully next time I'll have some actual interesting stuff to say. Until then, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment