I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Better Late Than Never!

Ok I finally made it back! I really REALLY wanted to get back here that same night, but something came up.. as it usually does. That's ok though, you know how I am. heh.



SO! On to deity. This is going to be fun fun because truthfully I have no idea how to describe how I feel on this one. I guess I should just jump right in.



When I was little I went to church. Even up into my teen years somewhat, but that was really only because afterwards my friends and I went out on the town. lol. But even when I was little something didn't feel quite right. Left over thoughts from a past life? Who knows. My parents weren't super religious but they did believe in god and the bible. You can't grow up in the deep south and not have a background with religion however, so it's in my past as well. The first time I questioned I was in middle school. If I'm not mistaken it was in my 6th grade challenge class (sort of those classes they put the above average kids in). We were studying the Greek pantheon and the teacher was telling us how the Greek people 'made up' gods to explain things that they couldn't explain. A light bulb went off in my little brain and my hand shot up. And my question was if those gods were made up, how are they any different from the christian god? Maybe someone made him up to explain how we got here and why we live. Makes sense to me. Needless to say I was sent to the guidance office everyday after that. I was such a trouble maker. Hehe.



From that moment on I've contemplated the universe, religion, spirituality and just what I'm supposed to be doing here. Deity is one of the hardest things to talk to anyone about because people get SO defensive about it. They feel like if you don't agree that their chosen god is all-powerful then you are somehow committing some great dastardly deed. Ugh!



Ok, well as I've said, I've always been into the weirder things in life. The good strange paranormal/metaphysical stuff. Somehow it seems to fit for the most part. And I believe that certain entities exist. Whether you call them ghosts, spirits, or whatever... I call them entitites. Basically they're just certain aspects of that energy that makes up everything. There are neither good nor bad, (the angels/demons if you will), but have different intents, much like people do. It is my guess that nothing is purely good nor bad/ black nor white. Everything is a shade of gray, as one cannot exist without the other. Only intent exists. (We'll have that discussion later on lol.)



Now the closest thing that I can figure is that there have been what most call 'enlightened masters' that have lived at various moments in time. I believe that these 'masters' were so shocking and able to do miraculous things that people idolized them. Over time the legends of them grew infamous and thus to the people they became gods. This could have been going on since cave-man time. Major things like weather, seasons, nature etc... also gave rise to gods in the sense that these things hold great power and people usually tend to have to associate power with some sort of person/being.



When I try to explain this to someone their favorite question is usually, "Well if there is no god then how did we get here?" I didn't say that I could explain that. I have no clue! If I knew that I'd probably be off exploring new universes. lol. You see I think that religion has one great thing, and that is faith. You don't have to believe in god to have faith. You can have faith in whatever you have it in. I have faith in the fact that I don't need to know all the answers. We never will. I have no problem with anyone's faiths or beliefs so long as they don't try to impose them on me and they don't hurt anyone.



I find it sad though that people feel the need to 'save' people or impose their beliefs on someone else. To me that just shows how much of a LACK of conviction they really have. If you aren't able to have such a strong connection with whatever you have faith in that you feel the need to destroy all other belief systems so as to not have any competition..... then well that's your problem. If you truly believed in what you said you did then it wouldn't matter what others thought.



I have a lot more to say no the subject of deity, but I'm gonna let it rest at that right now. Any comments or questions just pop 'em into the comment section or email me at concubine@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment