I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

I'm Just a Traveler Exploring Life...

Friday, January 1, 2016

Ready for a New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

I don't know about the rest of you but 2015 for me was by far one of the most difficult of my life. I'm so ready and happy to have it behind me and to be looking at a new time. May this new year be full of happiness, positivity, growth and change.

As I've stated in the past few posts (and forgive me for whining but this is my designated therapy-session mandated venting area lol), the insomnia and anxiety have really been affecting my moods the past month or so. In researching I'm also wondering if it doesn't have something to do with my body being thrown into surgical menopause and hormones being removed suddenly. In any case, I'm well aware that over this time I've been very quick tempered/easy to get upset and so I've been limiting my access to those things that may get me upset. But because of being aware of my emotions being super sensitive it's also made me aware of the actions of others in my life and how they affect me.

Lately I've been noticing that some of those people in my life who I've felt close to in the past don't feel as close anymore. Some of their actions have been repeatedly hurtful, mean spirited, and just downright disrespectful. It saddens me that they have made this their way of communicating. In thinking about it, it makes me wonder if they had acted that way all along or if my awareness had just started allowing me to see things more clearly. The truth is I'm not sure. I read something earlier that gave me pause to think...... here's what it says,

"We choose friends who are somehow like us and whose energy is also like ours. We are attracted to our friends... and they are attracted to us. ...because they are like us. On a subconscious level, we're all emitting vibes that can be picked up by those around us. When our vibes are similar to those of a friend, we enjoy being around each other and we get along well with that person. But when our vibes are no longer in sync, we feel distant from the person and the friendship no longer feels good."

Now I've been through this once in my life before with a close friend and it was quite painful for both of us, but for my own mental and emotional health I felt the need to distance myself. Although I loved my friend dearly, it was obvious that the relationship was just toxic to us both. We still speak occasionally and I still love her like a sister but we both know that it will never be like it was, and that's ok. That part of our lives changed us, hopefully for the better, but that time has passed.

Unfortunately I feel like I'm walking towards that ledge again and it still sucks and hurts. But I also know that this is spirit telling me that the current relationships are in jeopardy of becoming more harmful than beneficial and that I have to respect myself and not let this happen. If someone who is supposed to be your friend constantly disrespects you, puts you down and makes you feel bad then they truly don't care about you. The relationship for them is about control, power over you, and feeding their own ego. It really has nothing to do with you at all, except you allow them to usurp it over you.

So this new year starts with the realization that once again, this may be a painful year of change. With this change though comes growth and I understand that if I can survive the loneliness that I have a great shot of coming out on the other side a much stronger person. It's never easy, and I know it's going to be a hard road to walk. Honestly I don't quite know right now how I'm going to deal with this or what kind of outlets I can find to keep from building up all sorts of anxieties and depression that will come with it. (I'm still trying to figure out how to cleanse out the ones I'm already dealing with lol.)  I'm going to try though; be patient with me.And that's a note to myself!! After all we are always our worst enemies.

2016.... I've decided that this is going to be a great year, and that the changes that will come (even if they're difficult and take time to complete) will bring great growth and a healthier outcome in aspects of physicality, mentality, emotions, spirituality and overall well-being.

We choose friends who are somehow like us and whose energy is also like ours. We are attracted to our friends… and they are attracted to us. …because they are like us. - See more at: http://www.practicalwisdomthatworks.com/signs-youve-outgrown-your-friends/#sthash.wFXJqNqj.dpuf
We choose friends who are somehow like us and whose energy is also like ours. We are attracted to our friends… and they are attracted to us. …because they are like us. - See more at: http://www.practicalwisdomthatworks.com/signs-youve-outgrown-your-friends/#sthash.wFXJqNqj.dpuf
“We choose friends who are somehow like us and whose energy is also like ours. We are attracted to our friends… and they are attracted to us. …because they are like us.” - See more at: http://www.practicalwisdomthatworks.com/signs-youve-outgrown-your-friends/#sthash.wFXJqNqj.dpuf
“We choose friends who are somehow like us and whose energy is also like ours. We are attracted to our friends… and they are attracted to us. …because they are like us.” - See more at: http://www.practicalwisdomthatworks.com/signs-youve-outgrown-your-friends/#sthash.wFXJqNqj.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment